Thursday

GRRRR!

I am really angry right now so maybe I should have waited before writing this. I am the nanny for a 4 year old boy and he and I get along very well. I will probably ask for a raise in the future but I am satisfied so far with what I am making. Here is what has me angry: I have had 2 friends call me and tell me about my MB complaining about me on the web!!! She does it on a neighborhood FB for mothers which I am not a member of but I have friends and other part time bosses who are. My friend let me go on there and see, MB does not mention me by name but mentions 3 incidents, one where I served  my charge and 2 of his friends a macaroni and cheese casserole MB was planning to serve for supper. Another one where she thought I was serving him Gatorade, which I was drinking and he had watered down OJ. And some other thing I forget at the moment. She never tells me these concerns, she is always very polite to me, but now I find she is badmouthing me behind my back. Do I confront her? Let it go and say something vague?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let it go. Why are you so mad? She hasn't confronted you because obviously it's not a big enough deal. She's allowed to vent her frustrations or share stories with whomever she pleases. Like, I'm sure you've never complained about her to a friend, right? Who cares? I'm sure I've had MBs who have said things about me to their peers (and I've gotten along with all of them). We all do it. It doesn't matter. And who has "friends" that would show you this crap? They know you love the 4 year old- why make things awkward for you at work?

Anonymous said...

Having it written down and on a Facebook profile. It is something that is more permanent (unlike spoken words) and something that could be used against her in the future. And damage her chances of getting a new position in the future. (Though if, her name is never used, maybe not)

Though, she is doing the same thing right now. Bad mouthing her employer here on this blog...

What goes around comes around.


Unknown said...

Nanny here. I would be angry as well. I would suggest explaining how you found out (in other words you weren't fishing). Then ask if she is happy with you. Tell her it's okay for her to communicate any issues with you so they can hopefully be resolved.

Unknown said...

It appears that they are seeking a Latina SLAVE......